Please don’t apply if you are not a student. Due to legal reasons we are not allowed to hire non-students as interns.
We’re looking for someone to join our in-house game studio at CoolGames, a fast growing startup, headquartered in the center of Amsterdam. Our studio builds high quality games for CoolGames’ own network and other gaming networks, played by millions of gamers worldwide, from Japan to South Africa.
Who you are…
You are a graphic design/game art student and want to become a professional graphic designer/promotional game artist. You have a good understanding of graphic design, promotional art and esthetics, you like games and your brain is overflowing with creativity. You are ambitious and eager to learn. You’re precise, sociable you can communicate ideas well and you play well in a team. You will be responsible for creating all the promotional materials for our own and third party games, game banners, game icons and promotional video’s, website and newsletter headers, banners and promotional material for events.
We require you:
• to be a student
• to have an up to date online portfolio to see your work. Your portfolio/work is the most important part of your application!
• to have a passion for games
• to have good graphic design skills, a keen eye for composition, color and the ability to “make things pop” and know what “sells”.
• to have Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects skills
• to be a team player
• to be able communicate well in English
• to have creativity, lots of it!
We prefer you:
• to have nerf dart skills and some humor on the side
• Developing new casual games for mobile, desktop and other platforms for a worldwide audience
• Creative environment where you can learn and grow
• Working in a talented team to produce high quality games
• Game nights, Friday drinks and company events
• Awesome office in the center of Amsterdam
CoolGames is the leading HTML5 games developer and publisher in the world. Alongside developing native quality HTML5 games with high profile IP’s such as Tetris, Pac-Man, Snoopy and Miffy, we also distribute games globally reaching millions of players each month. Our in-house developed title Jewel Academy is the world’s most successful match-3 game ever released in HTML5.
BoosterMedia was founded in late 2009. In early 2016 we joined forces with Tingly Games and became what is now CoolGames. We have an ambitious and innovative team with over 50 colleagues from all over the world. Our headquarters and studio are in the center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The company also has an office in Tokyo, Japan, and a senior representative in San Francisco, USA