Multiplayer Backend Developer – Java
With Flash disappearing and the app-stores getting overcrowded, HTML5 is now the fastest growing game technology around. CoolGames has been front-runner in developing high-quality HTML5 casual games since day 1 and continues to hold its #1 position! To stay on top, we are constantly on the look-out for high talented people to join our team.
After gaining vast experience on single-player games, CoolGames has now started developing multi-player, social games for messenger platforms, such as Instant Games for Facebook. We are now looking to add an experienced Multiplayer Backend Developer to further strengthen our team to keep creating innovative, high-quality, multi-player, social games!
Are you a backend software developer who writes high-quality Java code with most recent technologies? Do you have experience with multiplayer games? Then we are looking for you!
If you have experience in new technologies such as the Play! Framework, NoSQL, micro-services, AWS services, Cassandra, Redis and messaging then you will love this job. If you’re also knowledgeable on Scala, that’s a big plus.
What you’ll be doing…
- Maintain and improve existing backend services, and help expend them with multiplayer and social modules.
- Design, propose and implement new backend services based on recent technologies like the Play! framework.
- Document the services we offer for both internal and external game developers
- Perform code reviews
How you’ll do it…
- Be part of the CoolGames Back-End team
- Participate in new services design sessions
- Make our backend system in top shape and deliver high quality code quickly
- Buddy up with developers on tasks and unlock team potential
- Pick the best tool for the job. That might be Play2 or any other framework that fits the job. You’re not afraid to try out new technology
- Experience in the developing multiplayer backend services
- 5+ years of experience in the developing backend services
- Fluent in at least Java, other JVM languages preferred
- Experience with stateless MVC frameworks, preferable Play!
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Able to work from our Amsterdam office
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture
CoolGames is the leading HTML5 games developer and publisher in the world. Alongside developing native quality HTML5 games with high profile IP’s such as Tetris, Pac-Man, Snoopy and Miffy, we also distribute games globally reaching millions of players each month. Our in-house developed title Jewel Academy is the world’s most successful match-3 game ever released in HTML5.
BoosterMedia was founded in late 2009. In early 2016 we joined forces with Tingly Games and became what is now CoolGames. We have an ambitious and innovative team with over 50 colleagues from all over the world. Our headquarters and studio are located in the center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The company also has an office in Tokyo, Japan, and a senior representative in San Francisco, USA.