Are you a backend software developer who writes high-quality Java code with recent technologies? Do you have experience with refactoring & improving existing code? Then we are looking for you!
CoolGames reaches millions of casual gamers around the world through its gaming brands, websites, games and partnership with media giants.
If you have experience in new technologies such as the Play! Framework, NoSQL, micro-services, AWS services, Cassandra, Redis and messaging then you will love this job.
If you’re also knowledgeable on Scala, that’s a big plus.
What you’ll be doing…
- Join the technology team
- Maintain and improve existing backend services
- Design, propose and implement new backend services based on recent technologies like the Play! framework.
- Support QA and our internal Game Studio team when questions on backend services arise
…and help us grow!
- Expand our micro-services infrastructure with new services
- Document the services we offer for both internal and external game developers
- Perform code reviews
How you’ll do it…
- Be part of the Coolgames technology team
- Participate in new services design sessions
- Take on the role of Project Lead on back-end related projects
- Make our backend system in top shape and deliver high quality code quickly.
- Buddy up with developers on tasks and unlock team potential
- Pick the best tool for the job. That might be Play2 or any other framework that fits the job. You’re not afraid to try out new technology.
What we’ve worked on recently…
- CoolGames Flagship gaming website: https://www.coolgames.com
- Payment services
- Event-driven big-data gathering
Who you’ll be working with…
- The rest of our Technology Team
- In-house Game Studio
- Internal Product Owners
- QA team
- 5+ years of experience in the developing backend services
- Bachelor or Master level CS degree or similar experience
- Fluent in at least Java, other JVM languages preferred
- Experience with stateless MVC frameworks, preferable Play!
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Able to work from our Amsterdam office
- A valid EU Work Permit
- A variety of challenging projects
- Work with new and emerging technologies
- An open and international company culture
- An opportunity to work on a platform serving games 100+ million users world-wide
- An attractive office location in the very center of Amsterdam
CoolGames is the leading HTML5 games developer and publisher in the world. Alongside developing native quality HTML5 games with high profile IP’s such as Tetris, Pac-Man, Snoopy and Miffy, we also distribute games globally reaching millions of players each month. Our in-house developed title Jewel Academy is the world’s most successful match-3 game ever released in HTML5.
BoosterMedia was founded in late 2009. In early 2016 we joined forces with Tingly Games and became what is now CoolGames. We have an ambitious and innovative team with over 50 colleagues from all over the world. Our headquarters and studio are located in the center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The company also has an office in Tokyo, Japan, and a senior representative in San Francisco, USA.