Are you an ambitious game developer with a passion for casual games? Can you motivate a team to constantly raise the bar with developing more engaging and higher quality games? Do you want to contribute to online games that are played by millions around the world? Eager to work on a cool multi-player games? Than we have an excellent career opportunity for you!
With Flash disappearing and the overcrowded app-stores, HTML5 is now one of the fastest growing game platforms around. CoolGames is entirely focused on developing multi-player games for Messenger Platforms such as Facebook Instant Games. Using HTML5, but with no need to compromise on quality or gameplay experience.
We are therefore looking for an experienced Lead Game Developer to strengthen our Studio and help us realize our international growth ambition.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead the Studio’s Game Developers;
- Together with the Head of Studio and the other Leads, be responsible for guiding multiple game projects from concept to launch and beyond;
- Set up the Game Technology Roadmap to support and optimize our future games;
- Help automating production processes for an efficient development flow;
- Oversee and guard our minimum standards of code quality;
- Assess any technical risks and mitigate them on time;
- Ensure the re-usability and scalability of our technology and tools.
- Pro-active and used to taking ownership and responsibility;
- Motivational team leader and inspirator to your colleagues;
- Able to clearly communicate your vision and ideas to your team, colleagues and the CoolGames Management Team;
- Feel comfortable taking initiatives, such as exploring new technologies and game engines, spotting interesting developments in the market and what they can mean for CoolGames.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the games industry;
- Fully comfortable with scrum development processes;
- Knowledge of object oriented game design, C# and/or Java;
- Familiarity with Entity Component architecture;
- Fluent English speaker and writer;
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in casual, multiplayer and/or mid-core games is desirable.
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture
- A chance to get involved in one of the most creative, fast-moving industries in HTML5 technology
CoolGames is the leading HTML5 games developer and publisher in the world. Alongside developing native quality HTML5 games with high profile IP’s such as Tetris, Pac-Man, Snoopy and Miffy, we also distribute games globally reaching millions of players each month. Our in-house developed title Jewel Academy is the world’s most successful match-3 game ever released in HTML5.
BoosterMedia was founded in late 2009. In early 2016 we joined forces with Tingly Games and became what is now CoolGames. We have an ambitious and innovative team with over 50 colleagues from all over the world. Our headquarters and studio are in the center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The company also has an office in Tokyo, Japan, and a senior representative in San Francisco, USA.
Apply for this job