CoolGames is looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead and further strengthen the creative power of our in-house studio, helping us to develop the next generation of highly social casual games.
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
In a nutshell, Creative Director at CoolGames will contain you’ll be the central point in driving concept and creation of innovative, high-quality single- and multi-player games with well-designed gameplay, level design and outstanding art and UI. Leading not only to the best gameplay experience, but also constantly monitoring retention, virality and monetization targets.
Your key responsibilities:
- Overall Game Design end-responsibility for new games and continuously improving existing games (LiveOps)
- Lead our team of Game Designers and help them prioritize and deliver on the many big and smaller design tasks every day
- Further improve the quality of our Game Design Documents and related documentation used by all
- Guide our art team (Art Directors and Artists) in developing the visual direction of new and live games
- Next to your own team, you will be working closely together with our Product Managers and Producers, Technology team, Data Engineers and Quality Assurance department
- You will align the game designs with our Monetization Managers and Business Owners and will be reporting into the CEO
What we are looking for in your profile:
- A proven background of at least five years as a (Senior) Game Designer for mobile casual games
- A motivator who has managed creative teams before. Prior experience as a Creative Director is a plus
- A hands-on personality who is able to match creativity and innovation with a data-driven business sense
- Someone who lives and breathes games in terms of retention, virality, monetization and in-game economies and who likes to share this knowledge with the team
- You are a confident speaker who feels at ease in discussing game designs with external partners and clients just as well as internal stakeholders, management or our investors
- You have an analytical mind and are always on the lookout for inspirational game successes in the market, new game mechanics & monetization techniques and best-of-class benchmarks
- You have the flexibility and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects and with tight deadlines
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in written text
- Last but not least, you have a good sense of humor and you feel at home in an open-minded, international and dynamic atmosphere
What we offer:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- Sports allowance
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture