CoolGames is looking for an experienced Games Back-End Developer, with a passion for casual games, to strengthen our Technology team.
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat. CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
As a Games Back-End Developer you’ll develop and maintain secure and scalable backend solutions for our games that are played by millions around the world.
Your key responsibilities
- Maintain and improve our live backend solutions
- Define, design and develop new backend solutions
- Support client game developers integrating their games with backend solutions
- At least two years of experience with backend- and API-development
- Proficient with OOP, design patterns, data structures and databases
- Professional experience with Amazon Web Services is highly desirable
- Experience with turn-based and real-time action multiplayer games is a plus
- Experience with GameSparks is a plus
- Proactive and used to taking ownership and responsibility
- Good team player and supportive to other departments
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with agile development processes and tools
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- Sports allowance
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture