We are looking for engineers to strengthen our team and help us realize our international growth ambitions!
With Flash disappearing and app stores overcrowding, HTML5 is now the fastest growing game technology. We have taken a global lead role with our high-quality HTML5 games. After our history with casual single player HTML5 games, we now shifted focus to multiplayer games on messaging platforms, such as Facebook’s Instant Games. This allows us to explore deeper social integration into our games.
Although we tend to attract social and curious developers who will gladly drop everything for a learning moment, no one at CoolGames is here to mandate what you do or how you do it. We’re keen on mentorship but lean in management, serious about deployment but playfully freethinking toward a wide range of tools and methodologies.
For engineers who have found their sweet spot in the stack, the prerogative to specialize is no less than the freedom to move around; whether that means exclusive devotion to game development, to our homegrown development framework, or to our legacy portals and back-end.
CoolGames engineers self-organize into small teams for big results. We keep unnecessary process to a minimum, so we can maintain our pace of rapid development. We value pragmatism, having pride in our work, and deep transparency at all levels.
Your key responsibilities:
- Initiate, implement, and support HTML5 games
- Write robust, stable, well-document code, both for games and internal tools
- Engage in architecture discussions with the rest of the team
- Perform code reviews, coach juniors, help with recruiting, and interview engineers
- Pro-active and used to taking ownership and responsibility
- Not afraid of debugging and optimizing code
- Good team player and supportive to other departments
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English communication (i.e. speaking, reading, writing)
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the games industry (or other live production environments)
- Solid knowledge of RESTful API’s, JS SDK’s
- Optional experience with turn-based and real-time action multiplayer games
- Comfortable with Agile development processes and tools
- Experienced with Git and CI/CD, build tools
- Familiar with Object-Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, MVC frameworks
- Experience with mobile games in Unity or server programming is a plus
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture